WINTER DISCOVERY DAYS AT THE FRDC!
We’re open daily from December 17th – January 2nd, with the exception of closures on on December 25th, 26th, and January 1st.
Drop by and discover the Fraser this winter break!
Click HERE to read our Visitor Code of Conduct.
Winter has arrived at the Fraser River, and we invite you to celebrate the season at the FRDC’s Winter Discovery Days! Throughout December 17 – January 2, head to the Fraser River Discovery Centre for family-friendly fun that explores some of the wondrous changes this season brings. Step out of the cold and into the warmth of curiosity!
There will be self-guided activities throughout the building, a facilitated activity from 10am-12pm, and storytime from 1pm-3pm:
- Drop in for a seasonal tale and a craft with storytime every day between 1pm-3pm.
- Discover animal adaptations to the cold by making your own den or finding a place to camouflage around the building!
- Play our jumbo board game to learn about local ecosystems in the wintertime.
- December 17th – 24th: Snowy Science – Learn how snowflakes form and model the surprising array of snowflake shapes. Then see if you can figure out which critters have been tromping through the snow!
- December 27th – January 2nd: Hummingbird Habitats – How do hummingbirds survive the winter? Build a hummingbird habitat and learn how to help these flashy fliers through the cold season.
Please note that the Centre is closed on Dec 25th, 26th, and Jan 1st.
WHEN: December 17th – January 2nd
- Self-guided activities: 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Facilitated activities (Snowy Science, Hummingbird Habitats): 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Storytime: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
WHERE: Fraser River Discovery Centre – 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC
COST: Includes admission to the Discovery Centre. Admission is free for members. Specific costs are listed below:
- Family Registration ($15.00 each) – covers 2 adults and up to 4 children
- Adult Registration ($6.00) – Adults 19 and older
- Senior Registration ($5.00) – Seniors 65 and older
- Student Registration ($5.00) – Student ID required
- Child Registration ($3.00) – Children aged 3-12
- Children 2 and under register for free.
- Masks are required for all participants over five (5).
- While visiting the Centre, please follow physical distancing rules wherever possible.
- Caretakers are asked to remain with their children for the duration of their visit.