Winter has arrived at the Fraser River, and we invite you to celebrate the season at the FRDC’s Winter Discovery Days.
Open daily from December 23rd – January 7th, with the exception of December 25th and January 1st.
Masks are recommended for all program participants. Click HERE to read our Visitor Code of Conduct.
WINTER DISCOVERY DAYS
Things calm down at this time of year but there’s lots going on under the surface! Peek into the hidden happenings of winter where some species slow down… and others are hard at work!
Please note that the Centre is closed on December 25th and January 1st.
- Dec 23rd – Jan 7th:
- Create a drawing of your winter wish and it might be turned into a light display in the FRDC’s front window!
- Drop in for a seasonal tale and an activity with storytime every day between 1pm-3pm.
- Delve into the “subnivean secrets” of life under the snow with self-guided activities throughout the building.
- Dec 23rd – Dec 31st: To move or not to move? – Snow isn’t guaranteed in the Lower Mainland in December and the temperature has a big impact on how some species get around. Test your ability to “adapt” to different scenarios to see how you fare!
- Jan 2nd – Jan 7th: Evergreen Introductions – Winter is the time to shine for coniferous trees. Learn how they’re able to survive temperature changes at this time of year and what all those deciduous species are up to!
WHEN: December 23rd – January 7th, 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Facilitated activity: 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Storytime: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
WHERE: Fraser River Discovery Centre, 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC
COST: Includes admission to the Discovery Centre. Specific costs are listed below:
- Family Ticket ($20.00 each) – for 2 adults and up to 4 children
- Adult Ticket ($8.00) – Adult 19 and older
- Senior Ticket ($6.00) – Senior 65 and older
- Student Ticket ($6.00) – Student ID required
- Child ticket ($5.00) – children aged 3-12
- Children 2 and under register for free.
Caretakers are asked to remain with their children for the duration of their visit.