Children aged 6-11 are invited to join us for a summer of fun and learning on the Fraser River!
Summer camps run from Monday-Friday, 9:00-4:00, and involve a range of interactive activities including: science experiments; history and culture; games and adventures; outdoor play; arts and crafts; singing and dancing; and learning about the Fraser River!
All activities include COVID-19 safety measures, including:
- Face masks required for all staff, volunteers, and campers over the age of five (5) while inside the building;
- Adherence to safe physical distancing between campers whenever possible;
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of interactives and touchable surfaces;
- Items are personal and for the use of each camper;
- Hand sanitizer stations located throughout our center.
The Fraser River Discovery Centre’s health and safety protocols are based on recommendations from the BC Health Authority.
Click HERE to read our Visitor Code of Conduct.
Spectacular Salmon: July 4-8 & August 2-5
Salmon play an important ecological, economic & cultural role in the Fraser River and this camp celebrates every aspect of their life! Through activities, games and more, campers will learn about a salmon’s habitat, lifecycle, and what it takes for them to survive in the dangers of the open ocean.
PLEASE NOTE: Because of BC Day, Spectacular Salmon will run for 4 days from August 2 – 5: $180 for members, $200 for non-members. Additional discounts still apply.
Voyageur Adventures: July 11-15 & August 8-12
Grab your canoes and head west! Go back in time and live as a voyageur during this week of adventuring, engineering and exploration! Campers will get to know Metis culture through art and stories; try their hand at engineering, building boats and beaver dams; learn to navigate and survive off the land; and much more! Do you have what it takes to be a voyageur?
Wonders of the Watershed: July 18-22 & August 15 – 19
This exciting camp is all about the Fraser River Watershed and the plants, animals and geography that make it unique! Campers will explore food webs, ecosystems, native plants and more through fun games and hands on activities!
Science on the Fraser: July 25 – 29 and August 22 – 26
Why is the Fraser River brown? Why do salmon have teeth on their tongues? What kind of creatures live at the bottom of the river? Science on the Fraser is the perfect camp for any budding young scientists who wants to explore the mysterious underwater world of BC’s longest river.
Pricing, Hours and Policies
- Member Price: $225, additional 5% off all fees when registering for more than one camp or more than one camper from the same family. Sign-up for a membership here!
- Non-member Price: $250 per week, additional 10% off all fees when registering for more than one camp or more than one camper from the same family.
- Campers over the ages of five (5) are required to wear a mask at all times while indoors.
- Camps are for children ages 6 to 11.
- Camps are from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, unless otherwise noted.
- Each camp has a maximum of 12 campers.
- Camps require a minimum number of campers to run and will be confirmed 2 weeks in advance.
- You will be emailed an invoice after submitting your registration request.
- Payment is due in full within three (days) of receiving your invoice, otherwise your spot(s) will be forfeit.