Spend your summer learning and playing at the Fraser River Discovery Centre!
Children aged 6-11 are invited to join us for any of our exciting camps!
The Fraser River Discovery Centre’s health and safety protocols are based on recommendations from the BC Health Authority.
Click HERE to read our Visitor Code of Conduct.
All activities include rigorous COVID-19 safety measures, including (but not limited to):
- Mandatory facemasks for all staff, volunteers, and campers over the age of six (6),
- Adherence to safe physical distancing between campers whenever possible,
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of interactives and touchable surfaces,
- Items are personal and for the use of each camper,
- Hand sanitizer stations located throughout our center.
Spectacular Salmon – Camp 1 & 2: (starts July 5th and July 12th)
Salmon play an important ecological, economic & cultural role in the Fraser River and this camp celebrates every aspect of their life! Through activities, games and more, campers will learn about a salmon’s habitat, lifecycle, and what it takes for them to survive in the dangers of the open ocean.
Voyageur Adventure – Camp 3 & 4: (starts July 19th and July 26th)
Grab your canoes and head west! This camp will take our young explorers on a journey through history as they make their way across Canada from Montreal to the Pacific, following in the footsteps of Simon Fraser and his fellow voyageurs. Will you strike gold and get rich, earn an honest living on the railroad, or make your fortune in the fur trade? Join this camp to find out!
Wonders of the Watershed – Camp 5: (starts Aug 9th)
This exciting camp is all about the Fraser River Watershed and the plants, animals and geography that make it unique! Campers will explore food webs, ecosystems, native plants and more through fun games and hands on activities!
Science on the Fraser – Camp 6 & 7: (starts Aug 16th and Aug 23rd)
Why is the Fraser River brown? Why do salmon have teeth on their tongues? What kind of creatures live at the bottom of the river? Science on the Fraser is the perfect camp for any budding young scientists who wants to explore the mysterious underwater world of BC’s longest river.
- Camps are for ages 6 to 11
- Camps are from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- Camps require a minimum number of campers to run and will be confirmed 2 weeks in advance
- Payment must be paid in full at the time of registration
- *FRDC Members receive 10% off!
- *10% off any additional camps!