RIVER BASIN DAYS
River Basin Days is a monthly series of outdoor public programs geared towards families. Join us at different locations around the Fraser River Basin as we explore this incredible watershed! Our staff will guide you through 1-hour of activities, experiments, and art projects as we learn about the biodiversity of this great river.
The Fraser River Discovery Centre’s health and safety protocols are based on recommendations from the BC Health Authority.
Click HERE to read our Visitor Code of Conduct.
Please note that masks are recommended for all outdoor programs. We are a small team of staff who interact with a high volume of daily visitors. Please help keep us safe by respecting our mask policy.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8TH: MUNDY PARK
FERNS AND NATURE ART
When we meet a new person, we introduce our names, make conversation, and maybe participate in a shared interest. But what do we do when we meet a park for the first time? How do we get to know it? In this workshop, you’ll learn some great ways to get to know a park, like learning native plants, making nature art, and playing games, which can be done at any park you visit in the future!
All ages are welcome and no experience is necessary. Pre-register here.
Saturday, October 8th; 12:30–1:30pm or 2:00-3:00pm
Mundy Park, Coquitlam, BC – Meet at the Mundy Park East Parking, at 626 Mariner Way. If parking is unavailable, you can park in the parking lot in front of the Save-On-Foods, a 10-minute walk south of the East Parking Lot.
COST: Includes admission to the Discovery Centre.
- Family Ticket ($15.00 each) – covers 2 adults and up to 4 children
- Adult Ticket ($6.00) – Adult 19 and older
- Senior Ticket ($5.00) – Senior 65 and older
- Student Ticket ($5.00) – Student ID required
- Child ticket ($3.00) – children aged 3-12
- Children 2 and under register for free.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Individual group size is limited to five (5) maximum. Workshop registration limited to five (5) groups.
- During the workshop, groups are required to follow physical distancing guidelines.
- Masks are recommended for all participants over five (5).