SUMMER DISCOVERY DAYS AT THE FRDC!
We are open daily, 10:00am – 4:00pm. Drop by and discover the Fraser River!
The Fraser River Discovery Centre’s health and safety protocols are based on recommendations from the BC Health Authority.
Click HERE to read our Visitor Code of Conduct.
This Summer, the FRDC is pleased to offer extra programming during long weekends in Summer Discovery Days!
Offered on July 1st, BC Day, and Labour Day, these fun and family-friendly activities will help us connect to the Fraser River! From getting to grips with replica animal skulls to learning about Indigenous communities who have lived along the river since time immemorial, there’s so much to see and discover on these long summer days!
Labour Day – Birds, Boats, and Board Games!
The Fraser is an incredibly important river, stretching all the way from Mount Robson Provincial Park to the Salish Sea, and it’s home to a wide variety of fish, birds, and mammals. Discover some of these river residents in engaging family activities this Labour Day weekend!
- Did you know that over 20 species of gulls visit the Fraser River estuary every year! These birds travel huge distances to rest up on the Fraser, and we’re going to tell you all about them in our Bing-Gull game.
- Create paper fish and foil boats using simple craft techniques, and have a race to see whose creations cut through the water the quickest.
- Discover how BC’s wildlife survives over the summer months in our Summer Ecology Board game!
- Saturday, September 4th, 10am – 4pm
- Sunday, September 5th, 10am – 4pm
- Monday, September 6th, 10am – 4pm
WHERE: Fraser River Discovery Centre, 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC
These activities will be available throughout the day on the above dates, and open to all visitors. Join us to celebrate the Fraser River!
- Masks are required for all visitors over the age of six (6) years.
- Caretakers are asked to remain with their children for the duration of their visit.
While visiting the Centre, groups are asked to follow physical distancing guidelines whenever possible.