SPRING DISCOVERY DAYS AT THE FRDC!
The Fraser River Discovery Centre’s health and safety protocols are based on recommendations from the BC Health Authority.
Click HERE to read our Visitor Code of Conduct.
Please note that masks are required for all program participants. We are a small team of staff who interact with a high volume of daily visitors. Please help us keep everyone safe by respecting our mask policy.
Hot off the press! The Fraser River has been the site of many important events that have shaped the way we live today. Take a break and spring into the Discovery Centre from March 11th – 26th to delve into the many stories that are part of the Fraser River.
There will be self-guided activities throughout the building, a facilitated activity from 10am-12pm, and storytime from 1pm-3pm.
March 11th – 26th:
- Drop in for storytime and an activity everyday between 1pm-3pm.
- Add your own story of the Fraser River to a community mural!
- Investigate bird migration to the Fraser River delta, making history every year as a “Globally Significant Important Bird Area.”
March 11th – 18th: Gold Fever! – Get introduced to some of the many prospectors that made their way to the Fraser Canyon then test out your gold panning skills in our water table.
March 19th – 26th: Tackle (box) in Time – The Fraser River is home to the largest freshwater fishing harbour in North America. Compare different fishing methods and the sustainability leaders who shaped the river we know today!
WHEN: March 11th – 26th
- Self-guided activities: 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Facilitated activities (Gold Fever! and Tackle (box) in Time): 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Storytime: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
WHERE: Fraser River Discovery Centre, 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC
COST: Includes admission to the Discovery Centre. Admission is free for members. Specific costs are listed below:
- Family Ticket ($15.00 each) – for 2 adults and up to 4 children
- Adult Ticket ($6.00) – Adult 19 and older
- Senior Ticket ($5.00) – Senior 65 and older
- Student Ticket ($5.00) – Student ID required
- Child ticket ($3.00) – children aged 3-12
- Children 2 and under register for free.
- Masks are required for all participants over five (5).
- While visiting the Centre, please follow physical distancing rules wherever possible.
- Caretakers are asked to remain with their children for the duration of their visit.