Thank you for your interest in renting the Fraser River Discovery Centre!
Located on the boardwalk at Westminster Quay and steps away from downtown New Westminster, the Discovery Centre offers a creative and unique venue for a wide variety of special events. The atmosphere is accentuated by the exhibits currently showing on both floors of the Discovery Centre, and with panoramic views of the mighty Fraser River, the Discovery Centre is an ideal location for social events, business meetings, ceremonies, workshops, and stand-up receptions.
The Fraser River Discovery Centre (FRDC) is a registered charity. Proceeds from rentals help support the Centre’s work in connecting communities in the discovery and celebration of the living, working Fraser River and in presenting the stories of the Fraser River and their contributions to the life, history, and future of British Columbia.
- Bright, naturally lit, and air conditioned, with river views
- Wireless internet available throughout the building
- Wheelchair accessible
- Ample adjacent public pay parking
DESCRIPTION OF ROOMSBright, naturally lit, high ceilings, Wi-Fi, air conditioned with river views provides a dramatic space, well-suited for social events, business meetings, conferences, workshops, parties and stand-up receptions.
|Room & Description||Capacity|
Additional items such as a stage, display equipment, or tables will reduce total available area and capacity. Floor maps available upon request to Operations Manager.
The FRDC has limited equipment available for use for an additional cost. These include: chairs, tables, podium, coat racks and hangers, and a conference phone. For availability and costs please check with the Operations Manager.
RENTAL AVAILABILITYWhile the FRDC is available for rentals all year, there are certain restrictions depending on our public hours and the season:
- September to May
Rentals are available for the full day on Sundays and Mondays (when the Discovery Centre is closed to the public). Rentals are also available from 7am to 9am and 4:30pm to 11pm Tuesday to Saturday (which is before and after public opening hours). In the case where early set up is needed prior to an evening rentals, accommodations can usually be made to allow the renter in as early as 3pm.
- Full day: Sundays and Mondays (except Family Day)
- Tuesday to Saturday: 7am to 9am and 4:30pm to 11pm
- July to August
Because the Discovery Centre is open 7 days a week during the summer, there are no full day rentals available. However, rentals continue to be available from 7am to 9am and 4:30pm to 11pm each day of the week (which is before and after public opening hours).
- 7 days a week: 7am to 9am and 4:30pm to 11pm
Rental may be available if no programming/event is taking place in these rooms during our regular business hours of 10am to 4pm throughout the year. Available upon request and availability.
COSTAll rentals include two on-site staff members and the use of the kitchen. A minimum of a 3 hour rental is required. Plus there is an additional $100 non-refundable cleaning fee if food and/or drinks are applicable to your event.
- $150 damage/security deposit is due within 5 days upon receiving the confirmation invoice, Payment may be made way of Visa, MasterCard, Cheque, debit card or cash
- Unfortunately, we often have more than one request for the same date and as a result, if the deposit is not received on time, you will lose your booking. This deposit is 100% refundable if you cancel 30 days prior to your event and forfeited if canceled within 30 days of your event.
- Full refund of deposits will be granted if FRDC is notified 30 days prior to the event date. Events booked 3 calendar days or longer, require 60 days’ notice for cancellation or date change.
- If event is cancelled or changed within 30 days of the event date, the Security/Damage Deposit will be forfeited
- The cost of any damages or additional costs will be deducted from the security/damage deposit. If costs exceed the security/damage deposit, the outstanding costs will be invoiced to the renter with payment due immediately
- In case of any discrepancies between the rental procedures listed herein and the Fraser River Discovery Centre rental agreement, the rental agreement shall prevail.
LOCATION788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC V3M 6Z6
The FRDC is located at New Westminster Quay between the Bosa Parking Lot and River Market.
PARKINGPay parking is available at the Bosa Parking lot east of the FRDC. The cost is $1.50 per hour or $6.50 per day and is payable by credit card or coins (bills are not accepted). Parking rates may change without notice.
DISABLED ACCESSThe Discovery Centre is a fully accessible facility.
To submit your rental request please click on the button on the left.