The Fraser River Discovery Centre is seeking photographs for an annual exhibit called *click* photos of the fraser, opening September 2019. This year’s theme is Life on the Fraser. We invite photographers of all ages, amateur and professional, to submit images for consideration.
From the Rocky Mountains to the Salish Sea, the 1375 km stretch of the Fraser River is home to millions people, each with an unique view of the river. *click* photos of the fraser brings together a collection of these perspectives with a juried, themed photograph exhibit. Photographers are encouraged to be creative with their interpretation of the theme: Life on the Fraser. How and where can you see signs of life on the river?
click* photos of the fraser debuted in 2010 as part of RiverFest, the Fraser River Discovery Centre’s annual celebration of International Rivers Day. Each year a new selection of photographs is unveiled on the last weekend in September. The jury will select photographs for installation and there will be a People’s Choice winner, which is chosen through public voting online.
*click* photos of the fraser winning photos are displayed:
- in the galleries of the Fraser River Discovery Centre (September to August)
- across the Fraser River Discovery Centre’s social media platforms.
- This exhibit is open to photographic works only. Please do not submit images that are not works of photography (such as photos of paintings, screenshots, or illustrations).
- Artists must only submit original photographs that they themselves have taken.
- Photographs must be submitted electronically.
- You may submit up to five photographs for jury selection.
- Only photographs received by July 31, 2019 will be included in jury selection.