The Fraser River Discovery Centre’s health and safety protocols are based on recommendations from the BC Health Authority.
Click HERE to read our Visitor Code of Conduct.
Please note that masks are required for all program participants. We are a small team of staff who interact with a high volume of daily visitors. Please help keep us safe by respecting our mask policy.
Super Saturdays is a monthly public program geared towards families. There are lots of activities that explore different features of the Fraser River, from its booming economy to its diverse ecosystem!
Previous programs include a deep dive into the Fraser’s powerful tugboats, the secret lives of the river’s ‘ghostly’ White sturgeon, and the opportunity to make your very own fishy friends using simple craft supplies! Check below to see upcoming events. We can’t wait to connect with you!
WOOD WIDE WEB
The forests of the Fraser are made up of many individual sprawling trees and plants … or are they? Fungi are the secret communication and transportation network of the forest, connecting almost all land plants! Join us on November 26th to learn more about common, local mushrooms and their many roles around the Fraser River as the cool, wet weather brings them out to shine.
- Learn how fungi connect the forest through the wood wide web!
- Identify some local mushrooms and learn the parts of a mushroom fruiting body.
- Make a mushroom print to take home.
COVID-19 Safety protocols are in place. Pre-register here.
WHEN: Saturday, November 26th, 10:00am – 4:00pm
WHERE: Fraser River Discovery Centre, 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC
COST: Included in admission to the Discovery Centre. Admission is free for members. Specific costs are listed below:
- Family Ticket ($15.00 each) – for 2 adults and up to 4 children
- Adult Ticket ($6.00) – Adult 19 and older
- Senior Ticket ($5.00) – Senior 65 and older
- Student Ticket ($5.00) – Student ID required
- Child ticket ($3.00) – children aged 3-12
- Children 2 and under enter for free.
Pre-register for this activity here.
- Masks are required for all participants over five (5).
- While visiting the Centre, please follow physical distancing rules wherever possible.
- Caretakers are asked to remain with their children for the duration of their visit.