We are open Wed – Sat, 10AM-4PM. Drop by and discover the Fraser!
The Fraser River Discovery Centre’s health and safety protocols comply with the latest health orders and restrictions from the BC Health Authority.
Click HERE to read our Visitor Code of Conduct.
Taking place on the last Saturday of every month, Super Saturdays is a series of public programs geared towards families. There are lots of activities that explore different features of the Fraser River, from its booming economy to its diverse ecosystem!
Previous programs include a deep dive into the Fraser’s powerful tugboats, the secret lives of the river’s ‘ghostly’ White sturgeon, and the opportunity to make your very own fishy friends using simple craft supplies! Check below to see upcoming events. We can’t wait to connect with you!
Saturday, April 24th: HOMEMADE BIRD FEEDERS!
This month we’re celebrating the return of migratory birds to the Fraser River! Every spring, the Fraser Basin becomes a temporary rest-stop for a variety of migratory birds who use the estuary as a much-needed rest-stop as they travel north up the Pacific Flyway to their summer nesting sites.
At this important time of year, both resident and migratory birds are on the lookout for food, and we invite you to join us to give them a warm welcome with homemade bird feeders!
- Learn about the return of migratory birds to the Fraser River, and why the Estuary is so important for their journey.
- Use the craft supplies available to create a home-made bird feeder you can hang up anywhere!
- Check us out on-line as we share crafts and activities from our FRDC@HOME archive!
COVID-19 safety protocols are in effect, and Pre-registration is required for this activity.
Pre-registration includes paid admission to the Discovery Center. Pay online when you register, and explore our galleries after the activity is complete!
Book your visit here: https://form.jotform.com/202256435733251
WHEN: Saturday, April 24th, 10am – 4pm
WHERE: Fraser River Discovery Centre, 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC
- 1-hour time slots are available throughout the day. Pre-registration is required.
- Caretakers are asked to remain with their children for the duration of their visit.
- Group size is limited to five (5) individuals maximum.
- While visiting the Centre, groups are asked to follow physical distancing guidelines whenever possible.
- Masks are required for visitors over the age of six (6).