FAMILY DAY 2021
FAMILY FUN ON THE FRASER!
To celebrate the BC Family Day long weekend on February 13 to 15th, the Fraser River Discovery Centre will be hosting a variety of FREE, fun, family-friendly crafts, games, and activities all related to the living, working Fraser River!
- Explore the tracks and replica skulls of some of BC’s most iconic wildlife!
- Learn more about the Fraser’s Pacific Salmon while creating your own using simple origami techniques.
- Explore an underwater world using DIY waterscopes!
- Test your knowledge of the Fraser Estuary’s seabird population with our Bing-Gull game!
- Explore our exhibit galleries with your family and try out our Gallery Scavenger Hunt for the chance to win a prize!
Admission to the FRDC will be free, but pre-registration is required and donations are appreciated! Book your timeslot by clicking HERE.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Individual group size is limited to 1 immediate household of up to five (5) individuals.
- While inside the Centre, groups are asked to follow physical distancing guidelines whenever possible.
- Masks are required for all visitors aged six (6) or older.
- Please see HERE for the FRDC’S Visitor Code of Conduct
ONLINE – FRDC@HOME Sit Spots!
In addition to onsite activities during the Family Day weekend, the FRDC is excited to continue to share its newest FRDC@HOME program series: Sit Spots!
In our busy lives, it’s easy to take for granted the beautiful and vibrant natural world that surrounds us. If you pause and take a look around, you might be surprised by what you notice!
In our last sit spot video, FRDC staff introduced participants to sit spots, explaining what they are and how they work. This Family Day long weekend join us again as we explore Sound Mapping our surroundings, an observation technique that helps us open our ears to all the sounds around us!
We gratefully acknowledge the support of the Province of British Columbia. The Province of British Columbia has provided the Fraser River Discovery Centre a grant in support of our free, community Family Day activity.