Get involved in your environment and local community by volunteering with the Fraser River Discovery Centre!The Fraser River Discovery Centre volunteer team is dedicated to acting as a voice of the Fraser River through education programs, public engagement, and outreach events. Volunteers play a key role in the Fraser River Discovery Centre’s ability to offer exciting and engaging programs to individuals, families, and students in the community.
Why volunteer with the FRDC:
- Work with experiences education staff and like-minded volunteers
- Learn about the Fraser River through training and development opportunities
- Complimentary admission to the centre and other discounts and perks
- Ongoing training opportunities and invitations to special volunteer events
- Enhance your resume!
- Explore teaching and instruction as a career path
Am I Eligible?
- Must be 15 years of age or older
- Screening and training: you must be able to participate in an in-person interview and attend an orientation
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- School Program Leader: help students experiment and discover the Fraser River through hands-on activities!
- Facilitator: orchestrate exciting action-packed birthday parties, guided programs, and family events!
- Festival Volunteer: makes RiverFest the best celebration of World Rivers Day through helping with logistics and interacting with guests at the festival.
- Docent: introduce the interesting and engaging world of the living, working Fraser River to tour groups!
- Tiny Tots Tuesday Volunteer: share stories and circle time with our tiniest visitors!
- Family Saturday Volunteer: develop and orchestrate exciting family activities on the best day of the week!
- Gallery Attendant: Help visitors engage with the exciting gallery exhibits and answer questions about the Fraser River.
- Summer Day Camp Volunteer: Assist our Summer Day Camp Leaders with 4 weeks of summer camps (2 in July and 2 in August), working with kids age 5-12.
How do I apply?
- Step 1: Click on the titles of the current opportunities and find out which one suits you best!
- Step 2: Complete the VOLUNTEER APPLICATION online
- Step 3: You will be contacted by our volunteer coordinator to set up a face-to-face interview
- Step 4: Interview and Orientation
- Step 5: Sign up for programs and begin your role on our fantastic volunteer team!
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org