Get involved in your environment and local community by volunteering with the Fraser River Discovery Centre!The Fraser River Discovery Centre volunteer team is dedicated to acting as a voice of the Fraser River through education programs, public engagement, and outreach events. Volunteers play a key role in the Fraser River Discovery Centre’s ability to offer exciting and engaging programs to individuals, families, and students in the community.
Why volunteer with the FRDC:
- Work with experiences education staff and like-minded volunteers
- Learn about the Fraser River through training and development opportunities
- Complimentary admission to the centre and other discounts and perks
- Ongoing training opportunities and invitations to special volunteer events
- Enhance your resume!
- Explore teaching and instruction as a career path
Am I Eligible?
- Must be 15 years of age or older
- Screening and training: you must be able to participate in an in-person interview and attend an orientation
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- School Program Leader: helps to lead school field trips Wednesdays through Fridays, 9:30am-12:00pm OR 12:00pm-2:00pm
- Facilitator: engages with children and local community groups for River-Inspired Workshops or Birthday Parties, Wednesday through Saturday
- Festival Volunteer: joins us during RiverFest in September to celebrate Rivers Day and help the public enjoy the festival hosted by the FRDC
- Docent: helps groups and individuals understand and explore exhibits within the building, through a comprehensive guided tour and discussion of the exhibit
- Tiny Tots Tuesday Volunteer: helps our mini visitors enjoy story time, puppet shows, and other activities with their parents on Tuesdays
- Family Saturday Volunteer: helps host a family-oriented activity and game in the centre on Saturdays for drop-in visitors
How do I apply?
- Step 1: Check out our current opportunities and find out which one suits you best!
- Step 2: Complete the VOLUNTEER APPLICATION online
- Step 3: You will be contacted by our volunteer coordinator to set up a face-to-face interview
- Step 4: Interview and Orientation
- Step 5: Sign up for programs and begin your role on our fantastic volunteer team!
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org